Friday, October 17, 2008

Bobby At The Bar.

Bobby must have heard the celebration. He must have left those college girls out in the van. Jinks asked Bobby to watch the bar. Bobby was more than happy to comply. Our regular Saturday night at Murphy's turned into one hell of a party. Mike's wife Kelly showed up because he called her and told her what was going on. Kelly and Pepper headed for the kitchen with Hank in tow. Hank had worked for Jinks in the past. Hank knew his way around Murphy's. Kelly put Hank to work on the grill so that Pepper could enjoy the party. Hank was more than happy to help out.

Jinks didn't seem to mind that Bobby had found the hidden juke box remote behind the bar. He was kicking out free tunes, and he'd even cranked the volume up. Yeah, old Jinks was enjoying himself. We were all having a real good time. I can honestly say it was the second best night of my life. I didn't know it then. The best night was yet to come.

Pepper and me ended up at a table together. We actually had a few minutes to ourselves. Mike and Kelly made sure we were left alone for a little while. There we were planning our wedding. There we were talking about the rest of our lives together when Jinks strolled up with a whisky grin and a twinkle in his eye. He asked Pepper if she'd told me about the money. I sat stone faced while she kissed his cheek and said no. She had not yet told me about the money. Jinks laughed and said that it was about time I knew. Pepper agreed and waved Kelly over to the table.

I must have looked nervous or something. Pepper gave me a smile that said everything is okay. She stood up and whispered in Kelly's ear. Kelly headed back towards the bar and I saw her send Bobby out back into the kitchen. Jinks told me to go out back behind the bar and wait for him there.

I cut through the knitchen and saw Hank heading out back. When I got outside Bobby and Mike were already there. Before anyone had a chance to ask just what the hell was going on we heard Jinks walking around from the parking lot. Jinks told us all to follow him. We did.

No comments: